IN FREE TIME
We have some recommendations for you to spend your free time full of fun while you are here. If you come to Elblag during the winter term, there are many enjoyable activities to do:
- - There is a really nice ice skating area very close to the student dormitory you are staying at. You can enjoy it in the winter months.
- - Did you have difficulty skating? Don't worry! In the first weeks of December, preparations for the New Year's begin and New Year's markets are set up in the centers of the cities. You can make your time enjoyable with a variety of drinks and meals in those markets. In addition, you can easily reach nearby cities by train to see the other New Year's markets established in other cities.
- - There are many cities near Elbląg worth seeing, such as: Gdańsk, Gdynia, Sopot etc.
- - In addition to these, a big celebration is held in the Old Town on New Year's Day.
If you are coming during the summer term, it is the perfect place and timing to enjoy the summer. Let’s look at some of the activities available to you:
- If you want to make your day a little more interesting, the beaches in the immediate vicinity are just for you. You can find some of these beautiful beaches in the cities of Sopot, Krynica Morska and Stegna.
- - There is a castle that will really surprise you in Malbork. It takes just 20 minutes to get there from Elbląg. It's the largest castle in the world. You will have a lot of fun while traveling!
- - If you want to have some fun, the annual festivals in Gdańsk are for you. Transportation is just a train away and you will be there in 1 hour.
ACTIVITIES IN THE UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES IN ELBLĄG
The belief in benefits of physical activity led to the foundation of The Academic Sports Organisation (AZS) in 1998.
The AZS Club comprises several sports sections:
- - basketball (men) - taking part in university league
- - volleyball (men and women) - taking part in university league
- - futsal (men) - taking part in university league
- - sailing - organising courses and cruises,
- - tourism - organising hiking trips in the area, orienteering competitions, summer and winter mountain camps,
- - horse-riding - organising courses and horse rides, taking part in national championships.
Academic Career Centre
Since its first days, the Academic Career Centre (founded in 2003) has been run by volunteering students. The general aim of the ACC is to support and counsel students seeking a suitable employment.
The Academic Career Centre compiles a database of students and graduates, administers a website with lists of the best students and graduates, takes parts in various programmes, seminars and workshops. It organises free-of-charge workshops intended for students and graduates, which concern psychology and preparation of application documents. The workshops also provide important information about the current situation on the labour market.